3rd Annual Two Wheel Ten Hour at Camp Sekani – Beacon Hill in Spokane, WA – April 20, 2019
We are excited to bring you the 3rd year of The Bike Hub’s Two Wheel Ten Hour MTB race at Camp Sekani! The course will be similar to last years with 9.2 miles and roughly 1400 feet of total elevation gain per lap! More details below, get registered!
2018 Course Link – 2019 course released two weeks before event.
Location, Location, Location
Gates open for camping set up Friday the 19th at noon and close Sunday the 21st at noon.
Camping is available Friday night the 19th – Saturday night the 20th.
Timing & Registration is provided by: vnwtiming.com – live results will be available at this race.
- In-person registration and packet pickup, Friday April 19th 4pm – 7pm @ Camp Sekani upper parking lot. Riders registering for the race in person on this day (April 19th) will be subject to a $20 late fee per rider, register early.
- Check in begins at 6:45am and ends promptly at 7:30am Saturday the 20th. There will be no day of race registration, only check-in for those who are already signed up.
- Late registration fee of $10/rider will kick in on April 10th at 12:01am
- Race begins at 8:00 AM with a LeMans-style start. Racers will run designated course to bikes.
- Pre-race meeting is promptly at 7:30 to go over format, rules and other notes for racers.
- One Lap of the course is roughly 9.2 miles in length.
- Only one rider from each team goes around the course at any one time.
- Teams decide which order and how many laps each racer would like to do, although every member must do at least one lap.
- Riders will not be required to dismount just before passing through the timing tent. A transition will be located just after the timing tent to help facilitate a smooth transition to teammates. (Solo riders can bypass the transition area and continue on course.)
- Each team member gets their own race number (if you change bikes during the race it is up to you to move your race number to your new bike). Laps will not count if you start a lap without a number plate.
- The rider on the course is timed when they have completed their lap.
- The goal is to complete as many laps as possible in the 10 hours, the teams in each category who do the most laps wins.
- Solo riders will have a yellow tag under their seat so other riders can identify them on the course. Cheer them on. Push them up the hill. Give them some energy chews.
- FOOD – just like 2018, we will provide one meal per racer from the food trucks on site! Solo racers will get 2, they are welcome to have them both or they can share one with their support!
- NEW FOR 2019 – there will be a timed downhill section on the course, fastest times for this race within a race will get some special awards. This will be scored individually, and is totally just for fun.
- ALSO NEW FOR 2019 – We are working on having neutral mechanical support at this event, know anybody who would like to volunteer?
- Obviously, your bike, shoes, shorts, helmet. And enough spare parts(tubes/tires).
- Check out the local forecast for the weekend, may want a jacket.
- Plenty of nutrition and hydration. (Potable water will be on site)
- Cheer squad and/or support. If you are solo, you may want to ask a close friend/spouse to assist you.
- Bring some cash. There will be food and beverage on site! YUM!
- Probably won’t need lights unless your camping. (Daylight 5:34 AM – 8:00 PM)
- Ride the course, cutting will not be tolerated and will be an instant disqualification of your entire team. Unfortunately, not knowing where to go will not be an excuse, please be aware of the course.
HELMET (It’s the law!) All riders must wear a cycle helmet while competing, warming up or if just riding around the venue area.