2nd Annual 2 Wheel Ten Hour at Camp Sekani – Beacon Hill in Spokane, WA – April 28, 2018
We are excited to bring you the 2nd year of The Bike Hub’s Two Wheel Ten Hour MTB race at Camp Sekani! Last year we had 125 amazing participants, 25 of which were SOLO RIDERS!! The course will be similar to last years with 9.2 miles and roughly 1600 feet of total elevation gain per lap! More details below, get registered!
Course Link <— May have an edit or two before race day! Check for updates!
Location, Location, Location
Gates open for camping set up Friday the 27th at noon and close Sunday the 29th at noon.
Camping is available Friday night the 27th – Saturday night the 28th.
Timing & Registration is provided by: vnwtiming.com – live results will be available at this race.
- In-person registration and packet pickup, Friday April 27th 4pm – 7pm @ Camp Sekani upper parking lot. Riders registering for the race in person on this day (27th) will be subject to a $20 late fee per rider, register early.
- Check in begins at 6:45am and ends promptly at 7:30am Saturday the 28th. There will be no day of race registration, only check-in for those who are already signed up.
- Late registration fee of $20/rider will kick in on April 25th at 12:01am
- Race begins at 8:00 AM with a LeMons-style start. Racers will run designated course to bikes.
- Pre-race meeting is promptly at 7:30 to go over format, rules and other notes for racers.
- One Lap of the course is roughly 9.5 miles in length.
- Only one rider from each team goes around the course at any one time.
- Teams decide which order and how many laps each racer would like to do, although every member must do at least one lap.
- Riders will not be required to dismount just before passing through the timing tent. A transition will be located just after the timing tent to help facilitate a smooth transition to teammates. (Solo riders can bypass the transition area and continue on course.)
- Each team member gets their own race number (if you change bikes during the race it is up to you to move your race number to your new bike). Laps will not count if you start a lap without a number plate.
- Each team will be given ONE ‘slap on arm band’, you must have this to be on course.
- The rider on the course is timed when they have completed their lap.
- The goal is to complete as many laps as possible in the 10 hours, the teams in each category who do the most laps WIN (Congrats!!)
- Solo riders will have a yellow tag under their seat so other riders can identify them on the course. Cheer them on. Push them up the hill. Give them some energy chews.
- Obviously, your bike, shoes, shorts, helmet. And enough spare parts(tubes/tires).
- Check out the local forecast for the weekend, may want a jacket.
- Plenty of nutrition and hydration. (Potable water will be on site)
- Cheer squad and/or support. If you are solo, you may want to ask a close friend/spouse to assist you.
- Bring some cash. There will be food and beverage on site! YUM!
- Probably won’t need lights unless your camping. (Daylight 5:34 AM – 8:00 PM)
HELMET (It’s the law!) All riders must wear a cycle helmet while competing, warming up or if just riding around the venue area.
SHOUT OUT TO OUR SPONSORS: (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!)